Monday, March 13, 2006

 

Day 21

All right! I'm 21! I'd put Bailey's Irish cream in my coffee if I hadn't already finished it.

My little baby blog has come of age. It happened so fast! Sniff! (insert shed tears here) It seems like just yesterday 'little Bloggie' was old enough to go on the school bus for the first time... ;-)

Job Hunt update:

Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork.

I mailed off a bunch of things this morning - the Cobra form I had filled out, my long-term-care paperwork, birthday cards to two of my nieces (Karen, that doesn't count!), and more stuff!

Trivia question: What is the name of Daisy Duck's three nieces? The names of Daisy's nieces are April, May, and June. Their first appearance was in 1953.

Confession #1 (today anyway - my confessions start anew each morning) - if YOU were unemployed and YOU got a preapproved credit card offer for 0 percent interest and no annual fee until JUNE OF 2007, wouldn't you think twice about trashing it? It came, I saw, I read, I filled it out, I mailed it. JUST IN CASE.

Deep sigh of relief to get that off my chest. ;-) What would I do without this blog? Talk to myself?

Actually, Charlie DOES talk to himself quite a bit. When I asked him what he needs me around for, he candidly replied 'For a second opinion!'. He is such a hoot. We laugh all the time.

Today's quote of the day was submitted by my daughter Heather - thanks, Heather!

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hmmm. What lies within us...

I never knew I had a blogger within me. Is that like a split personality?

Mom! Am I gonna need an exorcism? Is my blogger persona male or female, or perhaps... alien??? (Play sound clip of X-files music intermingled with Sammy Davis Jr singing 'I've gotta be me')

I loved the X-files, even though we secretly nicknamed the stars 'Moldy and Scummy' instead of 'Mulder and Scully'. Did anyone else do that? And WHY, once a show is a hit, do they 'babe-out' the female star, force them to lose 20 pounds, encourage them to be collagen-enhanced, ruin their hairstyles, and with ONE series, start inventing ridiculous business suits that show their navels?

What happened to ACTING, dearest readers?

Thud. That was me, falling off my soap box. That hurt!

It's too early in the morning to get emotional over television. I'd better get this posted, people will be getting to WORK soon and using their companies' bandwidth to read my 'all grown up' blog!

More later! I'm going to go swim this morning then meet 'da gals' for lunch at Applebees.

9am - ** newsflash** Lunch at Applebees postponed. Seems SOMEONE FORGOT their HUSBAND'S BIRTHDAY was today and needs to scramble at lunchtime to catch up!
You know who you are!!! ;-)

9am - Confession #2 - I polished off the last of my eggrolls for breakfast while reading. The book I'm reading at the moment is 'Knife of Dreams' -Book #11 in the 'Wheel of Time' series by Robert Jordan.

Comments:
Good idea on the credit card now that your kid isn't gonna get rich anytime soon....but I'm still trying!
;)
 
Karen, This is your Mom speaking. No exorcism needed. What's within is my sweet Karen full of sugar and spice and everything nice! And a far-out imagination!
 
Mom! You posted on my Blog! Good job! xxx
 
Grammy, I can't belive you posted!! First Email, now blogs?? You are turning into regular computer geek like the rest of us!!
Very impressed!!!
 
In it something is. Many thanks for the information. You have appeared are right.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?