Thursday, March 09, 2006

 

Day 17

Greetings and Salutations!

First - a little catch up from yesterday's events.

The photo on the left is of the homemade egg rolls stuffed with crab and chives that I made for lunch yesterday. Yes, I ate all 4 of them, and I baked them rather than fried them.

(Rachel Ray would say 'Yum-O!')

I am going to make some with vegetable filling SOON before my egg roll wrappers dry out.

As you recall, I visited yesterday afternoon with a friend to hear about her company and what they do. It sounds like a possible fit, so she is going to check on the current openings there.

I snapped this picture of some flowering Bradford Pear trees yesterday. I take my camera with me now so I can 'feed da blog'.

This afternoon I have an appointment with a training company in Nashville who works with the Career Centers to provide training to 'displaced workers' like me - my words!

A positive outcome would be if we can agree on which classes would be beneficial, when they are held, and also to find out if there's any money required on my part. ;-)

And I should remind you that it's THURSDAY - Survivor night! I love Thursdays.

Confession: Remember the 'nearly antique can of Easy Off Oven Cleaner' parked on my counter? It has company now...

When I cleaned out under the kitchen sink I found TWO MORE CANS. (Earlier this morning it was only one more and I've had to change my whole posting on this topic.) Two 'Fume Free' blue cans which I might prefer over the original. I'll throw away the oldest ones and just keep one, in case you're worried.

Now they are all parked on my counter - a constant reminder of work yet to be done. I've decided to name them 'Legolas', 'Aragorn', and 'Gimli'. They have a quest to perform!

Quote of the day - this made me laugh out loud:

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning. -Catherine-

Comments:
I loved your quote...and your egg rolls!! You need to make me some!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?