Wednesday, March 08, 2006

 

Day 16

My Dilbert page-a-day calendar was still on February 20th, so I've taken the liberty of making it current (it was Joe's job to rip my calendars each day - that's a teamwork kinda thing).

I see that today is 'International Women's Day'. Congratulations to the women of the world! You know who you are! My advice - when you get a job and start earning money, please prepare for unpleasant but unavoidable things like layoffs by having an emergency fund! Do not take employment for granted.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled program...

Observation: You recall, dearest bloggers, I've been in department stores, grocery stores, and recreational areas during daylight hours these last 2 weeks. I might have to buy an iPod because the music I've been hearing lately consists of various organic, primal arrangements of 'child wailing'. Do you ever listen to everyday sounds and try to turn noise into music? It is almost spectacular in an abstract sense, albeit disturbing. ;-) 'Nuff said about that!

I am visiting a friend (former co-worker) this afternoon to hear about her company and what they do. I don't know if it's a fit for me skills-wise, but definitely WHAT they do is within the realm.

In the meantime, I've used up (read that 'eaten') all my frozen wontons and have some egg roll wrappers to play with - I might even make egg rolls out of them, but homemade raviolis are also a possibility. You'll know as soon as I do!

TTFN!

Late breaking news - at approximately 7:51am Central time, Karen Goldsmith cleaned the microwave.

It is unknown at this time whether she will plead insanity. Story at 11, with celebrity commentary from Greta V.





We again interrupt this broadcast with breaking news - Karen Goldsmith has actually replaced the contact paper under the sink!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I've never seen anything like this before.

Maybe because we avoid looking under the sink? Troubled questions for troubled times... ;-)

Comments:
Thanks, Phil!
 
Now that you have all this FREE time on your hands, wanna come clean MY microwave? Yours looked so nice, I just thought....;)
 
Okay, I've decided you need to write a book. Reading your blog has become the highlight of my day - it keeps me laughing. Miss you!
 
Instead of checking Portland Maine houses on newenglandmoves.com as my work break every evening, I check your blog. Now you're stuck "floggin the blog" forever.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?