Monday, March 06, 2006

 

Day 14

Two weeks… OMIGOSH! It’s been TWO WEEKS! I can’t believe it. Time flies when you’re unemployed!

I am reminded of the movie ‘Total Recall’… (light fades, roll movie clip here...)

Arnold is trying to get to Mars disguised as a (very large) woman. The security guard asks her how long 'she' will be on Mars. Arnold answers – ‘Two Weeks’ and his disguise proceeds to self-destruct. Over and over again he says ‘Two Weeks’, ‘Two Weeks’, ‘Two Weeks’, ‘Two Weeks’, then his head comes apart and his identity is known.

Doctor, is that going to happen to ME? (Insert paranoia here?)

So far I feel ok, maybe self-destruction can be postponed for awhile. Maybe I just shouldn’t dress like a man and try to go to Mars. Yes, that’s it. Big relief. ;-)

More later - I am actually going to go swim at the crack of dawn because I have a Career Center appointment this afternoon and some errands to run in between!

Hello again, it's now 3:18pm. (Karen, where have you BEEN?)

I had a lovely swim from 7-8:15, took a few spring photos which I have yet to look at, made a shopping expedition to Wal-mart superstore, then came home, put away groceries, had lunch, and unloaded and loaded the dishwasher before going out the door again. I then made a wasted trip to the Career Center in my county.

As you recall, dear readers, they told me on Friday to come in today at 2pm for an orientation class. I arrived EARLY, in case I needed to fill out paperwork, and was informed that there was no orientation class this afternoon. Also, the man who I really need to speak to only comes into that office 0n certain days, and today was not one of them. So, forget any further aggravation from that place - I will stick with the other Career Center where I was loved and appreciated, thank you very much. To ease my pain - melba toast and cottage cheese. Mmmmmmm....

The good news? I received my COBRA paperwork today! (roars of applause)

I also made several phone calls to start to sort out things like my 401k and long term care insurance. Not only did my LTC insurance not know about my layoff, they didn't even have my current address! Eeek! I think I need a checklist so I'll know when I'm done!

Au revoir, bloggers and blogesses!

Comments:
Good luck with your career center appt....
Hope you don't self-destruct before they can find you a new wonderful career...maybe being a professional blog builder???
 
How horrible!! I think the people at the career center need new careers themselves! Idiots.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?