Saturday, February 25, 2006

 

Day 5 (Saturday!)

Hello, weekend!

I've had a voice mail from my friend Tiff in England. My former employer has several offices there and I was thrilled to be sent to England a few times, walk to work, spend pounds and pence, and say 'cheers'. ;-) I have many 'global buddies' who I will miss very much. I've also received emails from other friends in England. Thank you all! It's so nice to be able to stay in touch across MANY miles via blogging or email, though from now on I'll have to pay my own way if I go 'across the pond'. (Demotivating factor!)

Here's a favorite photo from England - notice the hand-woven fencing above the elaborate brick wall with stone inserts! Isn't it beautiful? I love all the attention to detail.

We're on our normal weekend schedule, just as IF I had a job. Sleep in a speck later than normal, coffee and paper in bed, then up for a big breakfast.

Charlie's breakfast - loaded scrambled eggs (with sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, green onion, cheese and ham), 2 freshly baked biscuits, 2 sausage patties, loads of butter, maple butter, honey and jam. Can you tell he is 6' 3" with a hollow leg?

My breakfast - loaded scrambled eggs (same as above) with salsa and an english muffin.

I've done a load of wash and will put in another in a minute.

Accomplishment - I requested, received, completed and mailed off an application to transfer my auto insurance from payroll deduction to bank draft. I will have to do this for several items to 'unplug' myself from my former employer. Insurance, LTD, long term care, retirement, credit union, so many things!

Research needed #1- Do I buy short term health insurance or go on COBRA? I need to research this PRONTO during the weekend because my insurance will run out the end of the month. EEEK! I am cheap (frugal) enough to want to compare costs, but I have to do it FAST!

Reseach needed #2 - 401k rollover research - where and when and how. I am also holding off putting money in my ROTH this year until I know I can afford it. I am lecturing myself like Gollum and his devious alter ego - 'Contributions are after tax and can be withdrawn at any time, my precious!' Well, I don't want to put it in and take it back out, I would feel like I hadn't planned properly! 'Orcses don't taste very nice' - neither does poor planning. ;-)

Ah, Ten-thirty and I am still in my robe. Time to run errands then research insurance plans! By the way - we live approximately 20 miles away from shopping and civilization - my 'running errands' will be a 40 mile round trip!

Comments:
Hey Mamma! Great Morning. Could've used some of those loaded eggs here. Maybe I'll have that for supper. Snowing and miserable here, so Tony & I closed up shop early and came home to nap. :) Keep up the good jobhunt work!!
xoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?