Friday, February 24, 2006

 

Day 4

Well, it's only 9:30am and I've had a big morning already.

Accomplishments:

I have lunch plans (Cracker Barrel) with some gals from 'former-work', then swimming, so I'll close and write more later. Have a nice day!

--- Transition to afternoon --- lights dim, curtain is drawn, Peter Pan and Wendy are talking....

Ok - back to reality (even though I want to say I love Mary Martin's original broadway soundtrack of Peter Pan FAR better than any other, and she was also superb in Sound of Music)

Observation - I am not used to being outdoors in DAYLIGHT on a weekday. The good news- I did NOT turn to dust! I am used to leaving for WORK at 5:45am, eating lunch at my desk, leaving work, swimming, and getting home between 6:30 and 7pm.

Observation - I was behind an actual school bus (yes I recognized it) at 4pm this afternoon - don't kids get home earlier than THAT? Jeepers!

Observation - I saw REAL, LIVE, OPEN Daffodils outdoors for the first time this year! Yes, here in the south they really do open this early. If I had only known about my upcoming layoff I could have planted some bulbs last fall and seen them this spring during the day! (yeah, right - I can't even speak of my gardening prowess without thinking of death and destruction).

Soul-Search - Might I be depressed about this life-changing event? Nope, but I am a tad concerned about accepting LESS money and LESS vacation days! Am I gonna be OK? Yup. Am I going to find something bigger and better? Dunno! But I'll let you all know when it happens!

And so, gentle reader, adieu and hasta la pasta!

What? Are you still here? Why? Ok, I have a couple more things to tell.

CONFESSION #1 - I just took my Christmas wreath off the door. The daffodils made me do it.

CONFESSION #2 - I am a melba toast addict. I'm heading to that box shortly! The more decibels in the crunch, the happier I am. My mother can crunch corn flakes and shatter glass, and I mean that in a very loving way. It is a talent I can only hope to aspire to. ;-)

Adieu, Anew.


Comments:
Your site is great. I wish I had a blog when I was unemployed! Hang in there girl... we've all been there!
 
Thanks, Jo! My dad emailed me that it's 'a marvelous insight into the eternal mysteries of one's daughter'. Seems normal to me! ;-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?