Thursday, February 23, 2006

 

Day 2 (of Unemployment)

Here it is, day TWO.

I haven't slept late yet! I've been getting up with Charlie to fix his lunch (I know,I'm sweet) and chat before he goes to work. If I don't fix it he doesn't bring a lunch!

Email, email, email - I have received or sent probably40 or 50.

Last night just before midnight I was online, pounding the keys to beat the midnight deadline for applying ONLINE for unemployment! Can you believe that you can apply online in TN? I actually had to do it twice because it kinda bombed on me midway the first time. I can't wait for that $275/week max payout.

I had homemade wonton soup for breakfast, there wasn't anyone around to tell me I couldn't. It was wonderful. ;-)

I did some things around the house during the morning and finally took my shower around TEN. I also took my nearly-antique can of Easy-off oven cleaner out of storage and placed it on the counter to remind myself that I am going to clean that *&^%$$ oven before getting another job.

I realized I need something more to help myself get inthe resume-writing, work at home mood, so I drove into Cool Springs and hit Kohls clearance sale. Here is a photo of my important purchase (if you can't see it - it is new fuzzy slippers!)



I also bought one of those pasta pots on clearance that has drainage holes in the cover so you can tip the pot over anddrain the water.

I also stopped at the grocery store, then came home and had lunch around 3pm. A successful trip!

A reminder to all - Wednesday is senior day at just about every store. I won't do that again! I got some looks like 'you don't have a kid in tow - what ARE you doing here?'.

Day 2 was pretty easy!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?