Thursday, February 23, 2006

 

Day 1 (of Unemployment)

Here's what I did on day one: Email, email, email, email.

I got lots of nice emails from lots of nice people, and appreciate everyone's kind thoughts and words.

I sent some emails out and discovered that it isn't a hassle to sign up and collect unemployment, and doesn't affect severance if you have it. The only bummer is that the MAX in TN is only $275 a week. I'm going down there tomorrow and sign up.

I also found out that Blue Cross has a short term (3 month max) health coverage that I might get while I am switching over to Charlies (my better half) health insurance. Cobra will cost a lot more than the Blue Cross.

I did a load of wash.

I went to the dump (Charlie will be happy). I asked the old man that punches the button on the dump compactor if there are any openings for that job - he said you have to 'know the governor' to get such a job. I guess I'm underqualified.

I drove to Nashville and swam like a woman of leisure for an hour and a half - I've never stayed in the pool that long and I was very pruny when I got out. Not as pruny as the senior citizens aquacize class that was there though! I'm sore now!

Came home and wrote a lot more emails. Then I used up most of my pots and pans making myself homemade wonton soup - even making the wonton filling and folding the wontons myself. Not bad for a first attempt!

That's about it for today! Tomorrow - unemployment office!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?